Village of Eel River Crossing
November 9th, 1966
At the beginning there was no railroad track and there was no road, therefore the only way for transportation was by using the river. This was one of the reasons why Eel River Crossing was one of the first places to be developped in the region.
The first school was built in 1888. Railroad began in 1832 and Fire Brigade started in 1948 and is now a large part of the Village. The old fire department was built in 1957 and the Golden Age Club was founded April 10th, 1974.
One of the first Acadian festivals in the province was in 1962 in Eel River Crossing.